Monday, October 09, 2006

Righteous Anger


The picture below is of a guy who is angry about war and trying to make a statement! How are you making your mark?
LEAVE A MARK AND PRAY! LEAVE A MARK AND START PEACEFUL CONVERSATIONS THAT HELP PEOPLE THINK ABOUT GOD AND HIS WAYS!



Frenchman Joel Bunot lies pressed on a nail-bed in Deak Square, Nagykanizsa, 240km (149 miles) from Budapest, Hungary, in his ongoing protest against war and landmines.




I am angry. I am praying.

This week Ms. Magazine is releasing a cover story that highlights thousands of women who have had abortions by name.

In summary, this story and list of names communicates how great it was that these women decided to take control of their life and abort their children. One woman found out her child would have down syndrome and made the decision because she couldn't deal with that challenge of Downs. Another woman who is listed in the article said after finding out she was pregnant (unplanned in high school) she got an abortion because quote, "I wanted to do something bigger with myself-I didn't want to be stopped by anything." The woman boasts that she could in finish high school and college and now is considering law school..all thanks to an abortion.

That saddens me and angers me. I am not angry at the women, necessarily, but angry at the idea that abortion can be so numb! It is pushed carelessly in the name of "freedom" without acknowledging the pain and trauma that comes with it. This is not even mentioning the life of a baby killed.

Are we so selfish? Are children so inconvenient that we could use abortion as a ticket to "living our dreams?" How about taking responsibility? How about making choices before to think through consequences of casual sex and sex outside of marriage where there isn't two spouses who understand sex can lead to conception! In my opinion I am addressing nothing more than those who abort because of convenience.


As I read this I was filled with anger. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would brag about an abortion with so much research stating that this act causes such emotional pain in the lives of woman for YEARS (and decades) after!

How about the Amish School shooting. That makes me mad, too! What makes you mad? Listen to Gary Gaddini's message on Anger.

http://www.peninsulacovenant.com/audio/sermons.asp

Read James 1:19-21

No comments: