Monday, June 28, 2010

Somewhere called STILL

For as long as I can remember being a part of my church family, I have been encouraged to pick a word for each season of life. This summer season it was obvious that God was calling me to be STILL.

There are many ramifications for that. Making time to simply rest. Carving out to be be quiet. Intentionally saying no to busyness..just making time TO BE STILL. The past few weeks, the first few weeks of summer have been crazy, good, busy, a whirlwind. I graduated Seminary, welcomed in our 20 interns, kicked off young adult summer groups, celebrated my 4th Father's day and my birthday (whew)..and now I get some time to actually reflect on it all..

God-ronically, this week coming up with be spent recovering from some mouth surgery will have me laid up this week recovering..and being STILL...to which I'm thinking I should just go with a grill. 



1 comment:

penandview said...

This is my word too Tony. Still and Wait.
http://penandview.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting.html