Saturday, February 10, 2007

On prayer

It is so good to be home! I was in Denver for 6 days and five nights. Not quite a week, but it was long as I was taking an intensive theology course for our Covenant denomination. Although, I did have some great time of connecting with friends, resting, and even saw two great movies (Pursuit of Happyness and Pan's labyrinth-both thumbs up) it was hard for me to be away that long because I miss my wife terribly. This week marked my last travel trip away from home for awhile. Next time I travel I'll have a wife and child to miss and come home to. With all that said I am so glad to be home and back within our community. I did have a great time of learning, too. One cool experience that I had was with a former professor of mine from North Park University. Scot McKnight, a man who I have always respected and admired, has written a lot of books, is a New Testament Scholar, and speaks Hebrew as if it were really easy. He was teaching a workshop and I was able to start a great dialog on prayer theology (which is one of my top passions) with him that you can now read on his blog---which I highly recommend:

JESUS CREED


Look for his posting: "To whom to we pray.



THIS SUNDAY
PCC ACTORS' GROUP 12:30PM

YOUNG ADULTS DINNER AT ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK AFTER SUNDAY AT 6

No comments: