Friday, January 19, 2018

Back to the blog.

I haven't touched this thing for almost three years. Three years of my life..UNBLOGGED!!  HOW CAN THAT BE?? (Haha).

I had other things going on.

I was doing a lot of living, even though  I took a break on blogging.  (Can you believe it?).
It's true. I did. I lived a lot of life in the last three years I just didn't blog about it. (Some would ask did it ever even happen if you didn't put it on onto the internet?)

I blame it on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
 It's way easier to retweet quips and pithy quotes and photos than to spend time trying to write and philosophizes attempting to entertain and influence, and with my words.
 What has this world come to????

(Actually I love this world! Instagram stories are the best. I know, crazy).

Lots has happened in three years. Where do I even start?

I've had lots of new things going on. I made two more short films, wrote two feature films, stopped and started many things withing my church PCC, traveled to Costa Rica for the first time..... and I got a dog! (But you already know that if you follow me on Instagram b/c he's always on there.  https://www.instagram.com/tonygapastione/



Even he has his own instagram. See, this world is crazy! A dog has his own social media following? (But come on, he's just too cool.)
https://www.instagram.com/cubbythelabradoodle/

Since the new year 2018 hit, I've incredibly reflective.  I hit twenty years living in California, thirteen years of marriage to my sweet wife, and raising up three energetic, spunky, beautiful girls (almost 6, 8, and 10).

Maybe that's why I need to get back to blogging. There are so many stories to tell!

I've always been a journaler.
Some seasons more than others.

But I've been feeling this nudge to come back to blogging to I can keep track of all the stuff going on in my life. Not necessarily to entertain or influence, but I think...to reflect and  to share what I'm learning with whoever wants to read it.
(I'm speaking to you mom and dad).

My wife encouraged me to think of blogging again as keeping a MEMOIR, and I really like that. Since I'm halfway through with life, (what??? Midlife?? Yes!) It sounds like a good idea!

So....I'm excited to start AGAIN...and share the things I am learning, and just keep track of things when I'm old and forgetful.

Our church, PCC, is going through a series of conversations around what it means to RESTORE, REBUILD, AND RENEW. I love those words, even though I usually make fun of alliteration :), these things I can stand on! It's beautiful and a great place to start relecting and writing that memoir (for those faithful, curious, five family members).


So, I'll end here.
Please watch this video I wrote and directed based on these three words:

Bumper Video

It gives voice to my prayers...and our call to renew, and rebuild, and restore. It's happening inside and...out...and it's crazy, and I love it.


More soon!

I'm heading to the snow. Can't wait to post pics from one of my favorite weeks of inspiration. Any guesses what it is?

---Tony

Follow on twitter/instagram/snapchat to keep in the loop!
@tonygapastione


No comments: