Friday, December 25, 2009

All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth

....and the other 26. Every one of these little chompers are coming out and new ones are going in.


This year, I'm happy to say, it was quite bare under our Christmas tree. My wife and I decided that our children would only get three Christmas gifts each year, (Grandparents and extended family are extremely generous anyway so it's not like our kids are deprived). Three gifts connect to the Kings/Wise Men who brought frankincense, incense, and myrrh to Jesus. This sounds all spiritual, but we really like the symbolism, and the way it keeps us disconnected from materialism. Wendy and I also chose not to get gifts for each other this year, since honestly we just want to go out on dates together, but also because we have to save for my dental work. I feel so bad about all the teeth bills I am accruing and can't justify asking for any other gifts. All I want is my teeth! This full mouth reconstruction, complete with every tooth crowned in some way, has been going on for almost seven years now. In 2006 I blogged my discouragement, and I'm happy to say, that although things are progressing slowly, they are progressing. Even though I still battle discouragement, I'm content and seeing God at work, just like when I found hope in 2007 here, or when I blogged in March of this year that he provided! Eventually all $1100 for came in for my mouth necessity! At this time we are still fully debt free! It's making for a truly great story because I have no idea how God is going to come through in the future, but he I know he will. The most recent challenge unfolds in the New Year as we wait for God to provide tens of thousands of dollars. Yep, we are not buying a new home or starting our adoption process yet, (although we wish we could), we have to lay down this cash simply to put teeth in my mouth. CRAZY! So, I'm not asking Santa, I'm asking God to provide and trusting he'll provide for each of my 28 teeth at $1300 each. It will be a Merry Christmas, even if it's in June.

No comments: