Monday, September 10, 2007

My Opera Debut

and NO it wasn't singing, obviously.

I sometimes get random acting jobs. Last weekend I had a "live performance" gig. It was sponsored the the BRAVO! CLUB, a young Opera appreciation club. They really want the "young people" to come out to the Opera. Well, last night was San Francisco's fall premiere of SAMPSON AND DELILAH of all things and they hired actors for a faux film set for the Opening Night Pre-Show Gala. It was quite a show of tuxedos, diamonds, red carpet, fancy hoers devours, the whole nine yards. We had to entertain hundreds of people as they mingled and drank their champagne so they wouldn't get bored waiting for the Opera to start. It was actually a lot of fun!



I played the famous movie maker Cecil B. DeMille (Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, Sunset Boulevard). It was definitely an act of God that I got cast because if you google DeMille, you'll see I look NOTHING like him. But turns out he was a Christian and a very influential man in Hollywood. In fact, by God's providence I got a piece of mail from the Hollywood Prayer network this very week with a quote from Demille himself. Totally God-ronic. It was like God was giving me a great gift! I felt honored to play this man and get this opportunity. AND I had fun and got to improvise with the crowd and was stoked to get some food for my creative hunger!

"I have found the greatest power in the world is the power of prayer"
Cecil B. DeMille


No comments: