Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Syncing....

I've been spending some time this week syncing. Not lip syncing sorry, but getting all the info from my old phone to my new phone. It's a little time consuming but it has to be done and I don't mind because I really like this phone. Thank you again to those who made it happen. It often tries to get me to worship it. This amazing little iPhone wants me, wants my time and my affection. But I remind it and myself--that MAC is not a god I want to bow down to. Besides I only bow to one God, the true God. Obviously iphone worship is a little humorous, but lets be honest, how easy is it to worship things? Very easy for me. So the most important syncing I'm trying to do is with God. Connecting with him and aligning my heart with his. I've been in my my favorite epistle which is Ephesians yesterday and today. I love that Paul spends three chapters straight up preaching God's love, our identity and straight theology! Then chapters 4-6 are all about living out of that place of receiving God's love and being our true identity. I always appreciate that what preceded the commands of holy living is the love of our holy God. It's always important for me to remember when Paul preaches no hint of sexual immorality, be filled with the Holy Spirit, live a life worthy of God's calling (and more) that he first told us God chose us, marked us, saved us, blessed us, and empowered us to do so (in chapters 1-3)



We are also currently now on page 128-DISCIPLESHIP in our GREEN BOOK readings. Since we are in the season, called Lent we are preparing for Easter (Lent is the 40 days before Easter--which you can read about on Page 126 in the Green Book. One word you'll need to know is Catachumen: a person being taught the elementary facts, principles, etc. of Chrisianity).

Here's a fave reflection of mine from this week's reading. It is used for the response prayer on 129 and quoted again on 133. Make this personal for you. I have added my own in parenthesis.

(Abba Father) Take, Lord, and recieve all my liberty(free will) my memory (the good of old and the pain of the past), my understanding (my gadgets, dreams, expectations, discouragement) and my entire wil--all that I have and call my own. You have given it all to me (my family, my ministry, my community, my giftings). To you Lord I return it. Everything is yours (my money and my time) do with it what you will. Give me only your love and grace. That is enough for me.

Craig R. Dykstra's reflection on the Church on page 133 is completely encouraging and challenging.

The blessing prayer on page 130 is very eye opening. Great to use hand in hand with SEEK GOD FOR THE CITY.

Don't forget lots going on!
Thurs-Valentine Dinner at Fallon Fellas
Friday-Young Adult Discipleship night at our house!

Check in at our calendar online!

www.peninsulacovenant.com/ya

No comments: