Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More quotes from my daughter


2/9/10

While waiting in line at Starbucks, my daughter (Isella) points to a doll and says:

“Daddy, I need to hug that teddy-bear.”


___________

Isella: I need a birthmark, dad.


Me: You have one on your face, it’s a freckle.


Isella: No, I need one for Jonah.


Me: I’m not sure what you mean, Isella, I’m sorry.


Isella: (frustrated), I neeeeeeeed one for Jonah. So I can find it. (She brings her Bible over). The pages won’t stay open.


Me: Oh, you need a bookmark. You want to save the place so you can find Jonah again, huh? (Jonah has been one of her faves lately).


__________


1/30/10

Me (noticing she's picking her nose), Isella, if you pick out a boogie put it in the garbage.


Isella: Dad, I’m just going to rub it off (as she motions to flick her booger on the floor).

___________

1/13/10

Isella: Daddy, look I have a pineapple,” (after picking up a pine cone on a walk).


No comments: