Monday, November 06, 2006

a real living, serving community


This past weekend was a truly awesome weekend! About twenty of us from PCC's Young Adult community retreated up to Twain Harte (an hour from Yosemite) for a time of rest, prayer, adventure, and study of God's word.



To all of you who went, I want to say a sincere and huge THANK YOU to you! Personally, I had a renewing time in my own heart, faith, and vision for the future of our community. Studying God's word together, singing, praying, laughing, talking, and eating together reminded me of the purity, simplicity, and importance of community and being the church. I was flooded with gratefulness and love on Saturday night with the events that took place through the next door fire. I was so proud of all of you. In our worship gatherings, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to everyone wrestle through scripture about being loved by God (redemption), loving God, and loving others. I loved the honesty and authenticity shown by the group.

As we looked to Hebrews 6, 1 John 1-3, Matthew 22, I was so stoked to see and hear people seeking to apply it their lives!
I hope that we continue to grow as God's people and understand his love so that we can then love and serve others, helping them to become the people God intended.

Thank you to Chris and Kirsten for amazing leadership.
Thank you to Marilyn for fantastic food and hospitality to all of us.
Thank you to Frankie for coordination, maintenance, and leadership.
Thanks to all who served and loved each other and our new neighbor friends.





It looks like our next visit to Twain Harte will be January 5-7! A weekend that will include snowboarding or skiing, too! Registrations will be available soon!

I hope you all will plan on blessing Redwood City on November 17-19th for Beautiful Day.

No comments: