Wednesday, October 15, 2008

While trying to study Revelation...I checked entertainment news.


Ok, so I already confessed this a few posts back, but I've always liked Madonna's music (note I said her music). I grew up with posters of her on my wall and busted dance moves to her honor in my basement (we had those things in Illinois).  Ya, it was probably a boyhood crush, but she was, and is, an amazing, expressive artist-even though she causes much controversy. So, for whatever reasons, I've followed her, prayed for her, wondered about her, and tonight I'm sad for her. 

According to Yahoo News, Madonna is getting a divorce, for the second time. I don't share this as entertainment gossip, but as real prayer worthy news. She's a celebrity and think what you want about the glitz & glam of Hollywood culture (I have this on-going love/frustration tension with it), but  she's an icon in our culture. She influences millions. And even though I'm sure her publicist will say, "they'll remain close friends," or something that publicists often say, she's hurting and her kids are hurting. I just see her as one very public figure on a huge quest to find herself ....and the true God who made her.


Pray for her. Pray for Guy Ritchie. Especially the kids. Lourdes, Rocco, David (adopted from Malawi). Pray for her to come near to the real God and to see the truth through her (incorrect theological) practices of Kabbaalah.

As a child of divorce myself, I know the pain of broken family. So tonight, I pray for families, children, spouses, and anyone who has suffered through this kind of pain.

No comments: